eBay is a popular online marketplace that connects millions of buyers and sellers daily and it has strict regulations regarding the use of multiple accounts. It can be challenging for users to avoid getting their accounts flagged or suspended on this platform.
This blog post will discuss the most common reasons why eBay accounts get suspended and ways to protect your accounts from being suspended.
Why does your eBay account get suspended and restricted?
eBay provides a platform to grow your business, but it has strict policies that must be followed. Registering a successful account doesn't guarantee its longevity or reliability.
Failing to adhere to its policies can make your eBay account suspended permanently The most common reasons why your eBay account is suspended include:
- Selling counterfeit or prohibited items: eBay has a strict policy against the sale of counterfeit items and illegal goods. Sellers found to be selling such items risk having their accounts suspended or restricted.
- Selling items that are not as described: Sellers are expected to accurately describe the items they are selling on eBay. Sellers who sell items that are not as described risk having their eBay account suspended or restricted.
- Receiving low ratings from buyers: eBay takes buyer feedback seriously and uses it as a measure of a seller's performance. Consistently receiving low ratings can result in account suspension or restriction.
- Violating eBay policies: eBay sellers must comply with listing guidelines, payment policies, and communication rules with buyers. Non-compliance can make your eBay account to get suspended.
- Abusing eBay's systems: eBay has strict policies regarding activities such as bidding on your items, using multiple accounts to boost sales, or manipulating search results. Any attempt to abuse eBay's systems can result in account suspension or restriction.
- Failing to pay eBay fees: Sellers on eBay are required to pay fees for using the platform, and failure to pay these fees can let your accounts suspended or restricted.
- Having various accounts: Using multiple accounts is not allowed on eBay. It can detect the use of multiple accounts through billing information, IP address, and duplicate accounts. If eBay detects any suspicious activity from your accounts, they may be suspended immediately.
What to do if your eBay account is suspended?
Have you found yourself with an indefinitely suspended eBay account? Don't rush to register a new account, as eBay likely won't allow it. Instead, you should first determine why your account was suspended. Here are some key steps to follow:
- Read eBay messages: eBay will send you a notice detailing the reason for the suspension. Read it carefully and follow the steps outlined in it.
- Pay your outstanding fees: Sometimes your eBay account is suspended because you forgot to pay your eBay fees on time. In this case, making one transaction can restore your account.
- Verify eBay account information: eBay may have suspended your account if you failed to verify your account information, such as your ID, driver's license, or product information. Providing that information will restore your restricted eBay account to normal.
As you can see, most of the reasons why eBay suspends or restricts accounts are related to the user's behavior on eBay, such as selling low-quality goods, providing poor customer service, or violating user agreement terms. To prevent your eBay account from being suspended, you can adjust your behavior and follow eBay's policies, such as changing your listings and providing enough information.
But what about having multiple accounts? Owning multiple eBay accounts can bring you many benefits, such as reaching a larger target audience, scaling your business, or buying more goods. However, eBay is very vigilant in detecting and preventing users from creating multiple accounts.
The only way is to create a clean environment by using a different IP address on a new device.
Tips to protect your eBay account from being suspended and restricted with Hidemyacc
If your account is suspended and you are trying to create a new one, believe me, eBay will not allow you to successfully register if you still use the same IP address and device.
To change your IP address, you can use VPN or proxy. Now you can have a new IP address from anywhere you want. If you use a proxy, you should choose residential proxies for more security.
And Hidemyacc can handle the problem of using the same device.
Hidemyacc can hide your true identity by changing the browser fingerprint such as browser source, operation system, browser version, … You also can add a proxy on each profile. You will have new profiles with separate IP addresses and different browser fingerprints. eBay now will see your accounts are used by different people.
Follow these steps to create New profiles on Hidemyacc and register eBay accounts:
- Create new profiles on Hidemyacc by opening the New profiles or the Multiple Profiles section. When accessing high-security platforms such as eBay, it is recommended to turn on Enhanced Protection and Mask Canvas on Hidemyacc to prevent being detected.
- Run your new profiles and access eBay sites.
- Now you can easily register an eBay buyer account without having to bypass the captcha or verify personal information. You can log into your Gmail account beforehand and sign up for an eBay account through Google, or you can sign up for a new account by filling up the required information.
To increase the trustworthiness of your eBay accounts, you should start with a buyer account and use it for a few weeks before switching to a seller account.
Both sellers and buyers are negatively impacted by eBay account suspension, as it can greatly affect their businesses. To avoid this, it's important to understand and adhere to eBay's policies.
In addition to maintaining appropriate behavior, using Hidemyacc to create and manage multiple accounts can help protect them from being suspended by eBay.
Download Hidemyacc to experience a 7-day free trial with 30 profiles: